The Peltier Tech Advanced Chart Utilities for Mac is here.
Over the past month a month, I’ve converted the Advanced Edition of the Peltier Tech Chart Utility so that it works on a Mac as well as in Windows. I’m pleased that every feature from the Windows version has made it into the Mac version, though some options are not available. This is due mostly to the inconsistencies between Office on the Mac and Office in Windows, such as the unavailability of modeless forms and the reduced selection of Paste Special options in MacOffice. A few differences relate to incompatibilities between the two platforms themselves, such as the strange special keys and special key behavior on the Mac (somehow the Mac’s Cmd-Ctrl-Opt-Shift keys provide less functionality than Windows’ Ctrl-Alt-Shift). The lack of a customizable ribbon in Mac Office means the user experience is less fulfilling than in Windows.
The Advanced Edition for the Mac has all the custom charts as the Standard Version for the Mac and for Windows: Waterfall, Box Plot, Marimekko, Cluster-Stack, etc., and all the new charts introduced last month in the Advanced Edition for Windows: More Waterfalls, Diverging Stacked Bar, Paretos and Histograms, and more.
In addition to the charts shown here, any new custom charts developed by Peltier Tech will become part of the Advanced Edition. If you hear from the Peltier Tech twitter feed, the Peltier Tech Facebook page, or the Peltier Tech Blog that a new chart has been added (or a bug has been fixed), email for a new download link so you can keep your license up-to-date.
In addition to the helpful features of the Standard Edition, such as Edit Series Formulas, Copy and Paste Series Formats, Label Last Point, and Export Chart as Image File, the Advanced Edition adds such items as Export Range as Image File, Export Charts to PowerPoint and Word, Switch X and Y, and a simpler Error Bar Manager.
In addition to the features shown below, any new functionality developed by Peltier Tech will be added to the Advanced Edition. If you hear via the Peltier Tech twitter feed or the Peltier Tech Blog that a new feature has been added (or a bug has been fixed), email for a new download link so you can keep your utility current.
The Advanced Edition for the Mac runs on the latest updates of Excel 2011 for the Mac, and the relevant versions of the Mac OS that supports Excel 2011.
The Advanced Edition retails for $99, just slightly more than the $79 for the Standard Edition. But there are some great introductory deals:
- If you purchase a license for the Advanced Edition between July 8 and July 15, you get it for the same $79 price as the Standard Edition.
- If you already have a license for the Standard Edition, send me an email and I will send you a coupon code for a free upgrade to the Advanced Edition.
- In the future, you can upgrade from the Standard to Advanced Edition for only the $20 difference in price.
- If you have licensed one of the earlier Waterfall or Cluster-Stack Utilities for the Mac, email me and I’ll send a coupon for half off the $79 introductory price.
- In the future, if you have licensed any of the older utilities, email me for a half-price coupon.
- When Microsoft releases the long-awaited Excel 2014 for Mac, the Peltier Tech Utility for Mac will be updated, and current licensees will be able to upgrade for no charge.
- When Microsoft releases Excel 16 for Windows (probably a/k/a Excel 2016 or 2017), the Peltier Tech Chart Utility will be upgraded, and current licensees will as always be able to license the upgrade for half price.
Visit the Peltier Tech Chart Utilities page to take advantage of these special offers.